This cookies policy refers to: http://www.childrenincrisis.org and applies solely to this website. The policy sets out why and how we collect, store and use the information gathered on this website.
What are ‘cookies’?
What information do we collect
We monitor how people use our website so we can improve it. We collect this information anonymously. By declining cookies when visiting our website, we will be unable to collect this information.
We use the following cookies when you are visiting our website:
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how the user makes use of the site, e.g. which pages the user visits most. These cookies do not collect information that identifies the user.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about the users' browsing habits. This may also include your use of social media sites, e.g. Facebook, etc. or how you interact with our website which then shows you relevant content elsewhere on the internet. These may also be used to offer you other ways to support us or get involved.
If you accept cookies when visiting our website, we may record information including (but not limited to):
- the areas of the website you visit
- the amount of time you spend on the site
- whether you are new to the site, or have visited it before
- how you came to our website – for example, through an email link or a search engine
- the type of device and browser you use
- how you use the website and the quality of your experience – for example we may track your bandwidth when viewing videos.
How we will use this information
Although not through cookies, we do track the success of the emails we send – so we know what subject lines and stories people liked the most. We receive this information anonymously and we don’t share this information.
Website statistics analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics cookies at any time through Google’s opt-out tool. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
We do all of the above to provide the best supporter experience and ultimately make a difference to as many of the world’s most vulnerable children.
Thank you for your support.